Thursday, September 18, 2008

Introduction

I do not consider myself to be a negative person, but I am the first to admit that I have a hate/love relationship with the city of Las Vegas, Nevada.  There are some wonderful memories and experiences that were born there, but some of my darkest moments lie in that desert and I do not believe that I will ever be able (or want) to shake them free. Vegas is a city that means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but to me it means Love and Death.

I have spent more time there than I can even remember and it goes beyond the countless business trips that I seem to make there every year. At the age of 20, I packed up all of my belongings and changed my collegiate mascot affiliation from Husky to Runnin' Rebel. Nearly three years of living there did not and does not make me an expert on Vegas, but it did leave an imprint on me as it has for the millions of people that have passed through, lived and died there. 

This document will be an ongoing event as I do not see myself staying away from the glitz and glamor that so many travel to Nevada to see. Business always seems to send me back there and I always come back with more insight on what that town has given me and taken away.

No comments: